Where & What
‘The Movement’ is the name given to the redevelopment of the former Greenwich Industrial Estate, adjacent to Greenwich DLR and mainline station, and just a few
minutes walk from Greenwich Town Centre.
The Movement will bring a new lease of life to this site, which has been empty and derelict for so long. The London Borough of Greenwich’s decision to grant planning consent for the scheme in April 2011 paved the way for a new, highly sustainable, residential community right at the Royal Borough’s ‘front door’ – the DLR Station.
The imaginative mixed-use scheme will bring many benefits to the local community and result in a considerable economic investment in the town centre.
The scheme includes:
- 181 high quality new homes including affordable housing
- A 104-bedroom Travelodge hotel
- 358 student apartments
- 7,000sq ft business incubator units for start-up businesses
- New extension for Greenwich West Community Centre providing 2000 sq ft of floor space and increase in the venue’s capacity. (Completed in Nov 2013)
- Innovative bicycle café and repair shop
- 400 spaces for bicycles
- Health and fitness club
- Convenience food store
- Sustainable energy centre
- Landscaped pedestrian boulevard with public art design by Olympic Poet Lemn Sissay and Artist Morag Mayerscough
One of our key drivers is that the entire development is incredibly sustainable.
First and foremost, we are making the best use of this derelict brown field site
by recycling it. Next we are ensuring a fantastic mix of uses so that its future as
a vibrant new community is secure.